It being the last day of the year and decade, according to the Gregorian calendar anyway, I’d like to wish all my friends, followers, and readers happiness and creative fulfillment in 2020. Thank you for your encouragement, enthusiasm and support. I look forward to seeing where the journey takes us next year.
These were the 10 most-read posts on my blog in 2019:
- The 5 Stages of Making a Painting
- February 2019 Painting Project: Instructions (I’m including only one project in this list)
- 12 Months of Word Prompts: December, the Final
- The Rule of Odds
- How to Avoid Cauliflower (the watercolour variety, not the vegetable)
- If a Paint Tube Cap Breaks
- Reinvigorating a Painting by Adding Line
- Beginner’s Art Class Anxiety: How Bad Will My Drawings Be?
- Sketching at Bow Fiddle Rock (On the North Sea Coast Part 2)
- Seeing Sligachan Through Another Artist’s Eyes
My personal highlights from the year include:
- Doing Monthly Painting Projects — setting the project, painting it myself, and seeing the photos for the galleries. (Projects will continue next year!)
- Sketching at Cullen on the East Coast — days doing nothing but sketching and walking. (I’ve rented a house for an art retreat here next summer; it’s fully booked but let me know if you’d like to be invited next time.)
- Painting on 350gsm watercolour paper more, and set up a page for these on my website: originals on paper. (This has included DIY watercolour ‘ink’.)
- Started using Vimeo rather than YouTube so you get to see videos without adverts: my channel. (It’s also easier for me give project subscribers exclusive video.)
- Got to two dozen patrons on Patreon.
- Had great fun teaching spring and autumn workshops at Higham Hall. (See: For Nervous Workshop Participants and Spring Workshp Photos.)
- Starting to paint on location with oils.
My plan for next year is basically the same one as for this: paint and write more; try to worry less.
2 Replies to “Happy Hogmanay: Looking Back & Looking Forward”
All the very best for 2020 and the coming years.
And to you too! ?