This is a contents page for my articles. Other ways to find things are to use the search box or the Category tags on individual articles.
- Paint with a Beginner’s Mind
- Never Moving Beyond Liking the Idea of Being Creative
- Be Systematic & Aim Small
- Are We There Yet? When is a Painting Finished?
• Did I Stop Too Late?
- Beginner’s Art Class Anxiety: How Bad Will My Drawings Be?
- Practice Doesn’t Necessarily Make (Your Art) Perfect
- Imposter Syndrome: Are You a Real Artist?
Creativity & Artistic Growth
- 31 Word Prompts to Jumpstart a Drawing Habit: January 2018
- 7 Ways to Avoid Routine & Monotony in Your Art
- More to an Artistic Journey Than the Final Destination
- 4 Ways to Challenge Yourself When Your Painting Feels Stale
- Be Comfortable Being Out of Your Creative Comfort Zone
- Learn to Fail Better
Colour Theory & Mixing
- 5 Colour Mixing Tips (I Wish I’d Learnt Earlier Than I Did)
- 5 Ways to Mix Greens
- 7 Reasons to Paint in Monochrome
Fundamental Principles of Art
- How I Add Texture to a Painting
- Oils over Acrylics
- Painting Techniques: Scumbling
- 10 Techniques for Painting More Expressively & Loosely
- Paint Away from an Edge
- Perspective: Sun & Moon Reflections Don’t Do the Railway Lines Thing
- 7 Ways to Create Depth in a Landscape Painting
Critique / Solving Painting Problems
- Get Drastic, Not Desperate (in order to rescue a painting)
- Art Myths: It Should Be Easy
- Art Myths: If You Can’t Draw, You Can’t Paint
- The 10,000 Hours Myth
Sketching & Painting on Location